Tuesday 17 April 2007

Your Parents




This weeks prompt first thing that comes to mind when you think of your parents easy for my mum it's her art she loves to paint and has recently rediscovered pottery and is making some really cool stuff. My dad died a few yeas ago but my mum and I were talking about him at the weekend and how he always used to buy pick and mix sweets on a saturday night, the only problem was if you asked for one he would say "Those who ask don't get and those who don't ask don't want so they don't get either" not sure how we ever managed to eat them. He also used to buy us all a packet of Walkers crisps but you couldn't have them until match of the day started even if you were tired and went to bed as soon as you ate them. Never did work out why you would have thought he would have been glad to see us in bed wouldn't you. So my card this week is double sided with no journaling, sweets for my dad and art for my mum.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome cards, bright and funky!!

Marjolein said...

Great story, the cards don't need journaling, they just say it all!

Vibeche Bergqvist Ellingsen said...

WOW what a awesome card :) Great story :)

jess said...

love this bright, colourful card!!

Linda said...

Fab cards val! I love the fact it says 'sweetheart' (almost)! Very bright and vibrant.

Je@net said...

Love, love, love your funky card!!! It's so awesome!!!

Familie Kubben said...

I love your card! And I especially love the story you told about your memory of your dad and the sweets! That is a really precious story! I like it

suebaru said...

Love the colours of your card!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Totally fab Val!!!
I've updated my blog but haven't got on UKS yet to link on the thread. So many people's to look at mine being so late this week.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

What a gorgoeus idea to have each side for one of them - wonderufl cards!

Ronda Palazzari said...

Very cool cards! Love em!

Karalenn Hippen said...

This was a fantastic idea. I love how different you can make your styles- really fitting for showing two different personalities. It was fun reading about them as well. Hey- I was just remembering that you guessed way back when the wicked witch's tights on one of my paintings and I promised candy. I was kind of joking around, but I think it would be so fun to send you a little package of candy. Will you email me your address and I'll send that off? My email is kiazi44@hotmail.com Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story! Your cards are beautiful